I’ve wanted to write a blog for a long time, especially since reaching the incredible milestone of becoming a mom. But being a busy career mama of two, and a perfectionist who needs to over think everything, it took me awhile to take my desired leap into cyberspace.
I have a bad habit of speaking before I think. Some say it’s the Sagittarian in me, others think it’s just a character flaw. Whatever the reason, I’m going to turn that negative into a positive by applying the same habit to my writing. Because I have a degree in English Literature, my brain has been trained to write outlines, edit and rewrite my copy, and plan my written words carefully. I’m going to do my best to let my words flow, unedited (alright, except maybe some spellchecking), and see where it takes me.
To mark this momentous occasion, I’m going to start my blog with…
25 Random Things About Me:
1) I’m allergic to chocolate.
2) I was adopted. Twice. Once at 5, and again at 21.
3) I am Macedonian, Irish, African, Swedish, and German.
4) I don’t like horses or goats, and have a fear of birds, but I consider myself an animal lover.
5) I met Princess Diana in 1986. I was in a dance recital she attended during her visit to Expo ’86. She complimented me on my performance and gave me a rose.
6) I have a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, but didn’t read a book in its entirety until after graduation.
7) I have a 9 year old Dalmatian who is constantly mistaken as a 9 month old puppy.
8) I don’t like Oprah. I’ve never made it through an entire episode of her show without passing out.
9) I’m a crazy carnivore. Some say I have a meat tooth.
10) There’s nothing I hate more in the world than the TV show M*A*S*H. That and beets.
11) My hair is naturally curly. Afro curly.
12) I love to cook, but I can’t bake to save my life.
13) I pretend to love expensive name brands, but am happiest when shopping at Old Navy, The Gap and Joe.
14) Nothing pleases me more than being referred to as funny.
15) My biggest fear is stand up comedy. The thought of being on a stage in front of a crowd with the objective of making them laugh gives me shivers.
16) I hope to write and publish a book before I die.
17) My best friend and I were once so caught up in a conversation, we didn’t realize we were being held up at gun point.
18) I was worried I wouldn’t get my job when I didn’t know who Stan Smyl was when asked in the job interview.
19) I’m addicted to coffee and Baileys.
20) I don’t regret my decision to return to work after having kids.
21) I can speak French fluently, yet I refuse to do so.
22) Nothing is more important to me than my hubs and our 2 beautiful kids.
23) I overanalyze everything I say, once the words have already come out of my mouth.
24) I grew up telling people that I was named after Bianca McJagger. It wasn’t until my teen years that I realized that it was Bianca, MICK Jagger’s wife.
25) My name is Bianca, not Beyonce.
My goal through this blog is to share my stories: the funny things my little ones say and do; the challenges I’m faced with as a busy career mommy of two; my perspective as an adoptee who has recently reunited with my biological father, and random thoughts I’d like to put on paper to clear my head.