For some of you, it’s a distant memory.
For some, it’s a dreaded reality soon approaching.
For me, it’s a (half) milestone, a new beginning, a fresh start. As I’ve mentioned in previous birthday posts, I don’t “do” New Year’s resolutions, however I do like to set goals/aspirations for myself each time I add another notch to my belt of years lived.
So in honour of the start of my thirty fifth year, here are 10 things I’d like to do before I’m 36:
1) Read a book. A real one made of paper. For some reason over the last few months, my love for reading has fallen to the wayside. I have 2 brand new books sitting on my night stand, and I plan to finish them both by my next birthday.
2) DIY something. Anything. I might try to make an advent calendar so I can save some coin on those ridiculous chocolate-filled cardboard boxes I’ve been investing in for so many years.
3) Have another baby. Last year brought some sad times for our family in the baby department. I’m all healed up now and ready to make it a party of five in our little hive.
4) Keep dancing. I’ve recently reconnected with my love for ballet, and hope to continue with my adult ballet classes right through the year.
5) Go somewhere. Anywhere. I’m itching to get away (as I’m sure we all are). I’ll go local. I’ll stay in a hotel downtown if that’s all I get this year. But mama needs a vacay.
6) Get Sporty. I used to snowboard and I haven’t since I’ve had kids. I’d love to make it up to the slopes after a long hiatus!
7) Swim in a lake. Last Summer came and went and I didn’t get one day of blissful lake dipping. This year I hope to have at least one full day of sun and swim lakeside.
8) The write recipe. I love writing and hope to construct the perfect post that stays true to my personality and goes viral (because I love knowing that people are actually reading what I write!).
9) Add a new dinner recipe to my repertoire. I love to cook (okay, I like to cook, and love to eat). I have a tendency to stick to the same old recipes and would love to discover a new and delicious recipe that my whole family enjoys.
10) Do something that scares me. Take on a new challenge, sing karaoke, jump off a high diving board – something that takes me outside of my comfort zone.
Can you think of anything that I should add to my bucket list for 35?