Wrap up the Canadian football season with a 3-day festival full of fun for the whole family in downtown Vancouver from November 26th – November 30th!
On November 30th, 2014, Vancouver will once again play host to the Grey Cup, the 102nd CFL championship game, which will be held at the home of our BC Lions – BC Place Stadium. This year’s Grey Cup Festival promises to be a ROARing good time for the whole family, with an epic line up of kid-friendly events and activities to get your family revved up and into the spirit of the game leading up to the final showdown of the season.
The Grey Cup Festival kicks off on November 26th, and includes a plethora of free events over 3 days for families to enjoy leading up to the final game on November 30th – including live concerts, a street festival, a parade, and an action-packed family zone!
Because the list of activities is so long, I thought I would share with you the top events for you to enjoy with the whole family:
TOP FAMILY EVENTS AT THE 102ND GREY CUP FESTIVAL IN VANCOUVER
Nissan Family Zone – Jack Poole Plaza, Nov 27-29, 11am-7pm (FREE)
- Family-friendly live entertainment will be happening daily on the Canadian Direct Insurance Stage, featuring a lineup of talented performers.
- The CN Safety Zone will be set up, including football tips and railway safety lessons from the experts.
- Football BC will be running fun football activities – including the opportunity to toss the pigskin with a CFL alumni!
- The Canadian Forces will be presenting a fun and interactive obstacle course for kids to get active!
TELUS Street Festival – Canada Place Way, Nov 27-29, 11am-9pm (FREE)
- Live radio station broadcasts, food trucks and interactive exhibitors (face painting, photo booths and even a giant jenga game).
- Experience 15 concerts over three days right in the heart of it all at the PlayNow.com Main Stage, featuring local up-and-coming Vancouver artists like Delhi 2 Dublin, The Matinee, BESTiE, Dominique Fricot and more. (Complete concert line up)
Save-On-Foods Grey Cup Festival Parade – Saturday, Nov 29 10am-12pm (FREE)
Start: 10:00am at Smithe & Hornby
Finish: 12:00pm at Dunsmuir & Granville
Winding through the streets of downtown Vancouver, the parade will be a celebration of Canadian football, spirit, and the coveted Grey Cup will make an appearance! It promises to be an event filled with floats, marching bands, smiles, and fun. Get ready to ROAR on the Shore starting at 10am! And be sure to catch the Purolator Tackle Hunger campaign. Purolator will be collecting non-perishable food items from the parade crowd, which will contribute to their Tackle Hunger campaign, providing food for those in need.
- Cheerleader Extravaganza – see all of the teams’ cheerleaders and dance teams perform at the Vancouver Convention Centre in a FREE family friendly event
- Calgary Grey Cup Committee Pancake Breakfast – FREE pancake breakfast from 11:00am-1:00pm Thurs + Fri on the PlayNow.com Main Stage
- CFL Alumni Autograph Sessions – daily in the Vancouver Convention Centre from 11:00pm – 7:00pm
Don’t miss out on the party of the year!
GREY CUP FESTIVAL FAMILY FUN GIVEAWAY
Make your Grey Cup experience one-of-a-kind by entering for a chance to win this amazing family package, which includes:
- Family Set of Official Grey Cup Festival Apparel ($250 value)
- 4 VIP spots to the Grey Cup Parade (including breakfast) ($400 value)
- 2 VIP Red Truck Lager Tailgate Concert Series passes (for the grown ups) ($300 value)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a child (aged 6-14) to be in the one of the VIP Vehicles in the Save-on-Foods Grey Cup Festival Parade!
- TOTAL VALUE: $950!