Meat and cheese are my two favourite foods. So what could satisfy my meat tooth more than meat muffins oozing with ooey gooey cheese? Lathered in a delicious tomato-basil sauce, and topped with freshly-grated parmesan cheese, these delicious meatloaf minis make the perfect comfort food for a chilly Fall evening – and the kids love them too!
Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf Minis
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup Antonella’s tomato-basil sauce
- 4 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
Serves: 4 (plus leftovers)
Cook + prep time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut string cheese into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Pour panko crumbs into a deep mixing bowl, and add Antonella’s tomato-basil sauce. Mix.
- Add egg, green onion, and beef to bread crumb/sauce mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly grease muffin tin.
- Roll meat mixture into balls and add to muffin tin cups (fill to top).
- Push one cheese piece into the centre of each meat muffin and pinch meat to seal the top.
- Cook for 30 minutes (note: cooking time may vary based on oven, make sure your meatloaves are cooked through thoroughly).
- Serve topped with warmed Antonella’s tomato-basil sauce, and freshly-grated parmesan.
These would be delicious with mashed potatoes, but due to my house full of picky little eaters, I served my mini meatloaves with fries and grilled carrots, garlic and onions. Easy to make and kid-approved!
Freeze the extras for portion-sized leftovers, and enjoy these yummy minis again and again!